Thursday, July 14, 2005

Bollocks

I've often stated that male sex offenders should be castrated. I really hadn't seriously thought about it. It was more a statement of intensity than a proposal for punishment.

This guy though has the courts approval to have his nuts whacked off to decrease his time in prison. WOW.

Thinking about it, now that it's a possibility, I have to wonder if it would really have the desired effect. Is he less likely to commit a sexually related crime without his knackers?

Most sex crimes, I am told, are not about sex but power. Is there the possibility that, without his jewels, he would be more likely to commit a crime of power and control?

I am sure that his offering his balls to the court has helped the young ladies, who were victims of his assaults, in their recovery. They can feel confident that something was done in their case.

I'm also fairly confident that this guy is sorry for his actions. I'm just not convinced that it will have the desired effect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home