Friday, July 15, 2005

Christians Continue to Discriminate

I've been hearing the Christians whine an awful lot lately, about people putting them down because of their beliefs.

It has always been my belief that discrimination is wrong. I don't put someone down because of their religion. People are allowed to believe what they want.

If I was running an adoption agency, I would look for people that are well rounded and had the financial capability and mental fortitude to raise a child. I WOULD NOT say that people couldn't adopt because they are Catholic.

Yes, you read it right. Bethany Christian Services in Mississippi is refusing to allow adoptions through their agency because of a persons religion.

It would seem to me, that you shouldn't go around crying about being discriminated against if you yourself are discriminating against others.

With actions like this, is it any wonder that people of other religions, such as Buddhists or Muslims, fear what the so called christians leaders of this country will do in the way of surveillance of their places of worship or members.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs when, in the 'land of the free', you can't adopt a child because you're Catholic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home